Trauma-Informed Care: Resources and Information
The Prevalence and Impacts of Trauma:
- One page chart on Adverse Childhood Experiences and Health and Well-Being over the Lifespan. Ann Jennings Ph.D.
- The Relationship of Adverse Childhood Experiences to Adult Health: Turning Gold into Lead (pdf) (2002)Vincent J. Felitti, MD.
- The Relationship of Adverse Childhood Experiences to Adult Medical Disease,Psychiatric Disorders , and Sexual Behavior: Implications for Healthcare: Vincent J Felitti, MD and Robert F. Anda, MD, MS (2009); PDF
- Trauma Books Young Children.pdf---Recommended Books on Preventing or Helping Young Children with Difficult or Traumatic Experiences (2006) Annotated list compiled by members of Mid-Coast Maine Trauma Informed Community.
Retraumatization and Revictimization:
- In Their Own Words(pdf): Trauma survivors and professionals they trust tell what hurts, what helps, and what is needed
for trauma services (1997) Ann Jennings Ph.D. and Ruth Ralph Ph.D. l
Developing Trauma-Informed Human Service Systems:
Trauma-Informed Policy or Position Statements:
Trauma-Informed Screening and Assessment:
Trauma Training and Human Resource Development:
Strategic Action Plans for Implementing Trauma-Informed Service Systems:
- Self Injury(pdf): Understanding Responding to People Who Live with Self-Inflicted Violence Ruta Mazelis